Monday, August 27, 2007

I'll take the prize

I'm beginning to get the feeling that the judges at Montgomery County Fair are two sweet little ladies who just want everyone at the party to have a good time. No matter who shows up, no matter how lopsided and color-blind the entry, everyone ought to have something to take home.

That said, I'll take the prizes.

My first crocheted hat, with a blue flower no less. If I were being judged on the resemblance of this flower to the directions I attempted to follow, maybe it's not so great. But, who's to know it's not an original? Fifth, I'll take it.

My first crocheted shawl. The good thing about a shawl like this is that it has lots of blocks that are identical. By the time one makes one or two of them, it's kind of soothing (well, maybe mindless).

My first knit "stole." I would have called it a shawl (believe me, I have done shawls), but there is no "knit shawl" category. There is a "stole" category. This is a stole.

Enough excitement. Go think about Alberto Gonzales.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Pat said...

It's nice to see another "ambidextrous" fiber artist. Isn't it fabulous to be able to do both? You are getting to be quite the prize winning lady. Congratulations on the recognition of a job well don.

12:47 PM  
Blogger J. Memmott said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:32 PM  
Blogger J. Memmott said...

Nicki and I are very impressed. I like the way you make the viewer actually check the photos to see what type ribbon you won. Nicki remembers that a stole is what a priest wears around his neck - correct?

10:34 PM  
Blogger C. Cowley said...

Nice work Mom!
There's no hiding that blue ribbon.

If only Alberto could sling justice half as well as you can crank out prize winning "fiber art."

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home